• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

u-joint straps

bj-666

NAXJA Forum User
i searched and just found a lot of people saying "use u-bolts there good" anyway i'm finaly getting my front hp 44 together after a few unexpected setbacks and the stock straps that are used on the d30 don't fit so i'm looking to use so u-bolts and was just wondering if anyone knows the part # for them. if it helps its a 76 f150 hp 44 bolting up to the stock xj front ds.

thanx.

Just ask for a u-joint u-bolt kit for a '76 F150 front u-joint. I have no idea what the part number is because that's all i ask when I go buy them. Or, ask for a D44 u-bolt kit.

Not to high jack but anybody know if you can get u bolts for the chryco 8.25 yoke.

jeepme said:
Not to high jack but anybody know if you can get u bolts for the chryco 8.25 yoke.
Yes you can. I don't remember which ones I used, but it was either Dana 30 or Dana 35 ubolt kit from 4wd.com. I will check later and see which one it was.

cruzmyxj said:
Yes you can. I don't remember which ones I used, but it was either Dana 30 or Dana 35 ubolt kit from 4wd.com. I will check later and see which one it was.
well that doesn't really answer his question.

I would first check your local NAPA or whatever parts store you go to that doesn't have morons behind the counter (cough, autozon, cough). If they don't know I would call Drivetrain Direct, they have been very knowledgeable and helpful the few times i've called them.

try a truck mod shop. like the places that do 5th wheel, flatbed and dually conversions. they lengthen driveshafts, too you would be surprised at what they have/can get.

thanx got my u-bolts they were like $4 at car parts hopefully i'll have the axle all done by monday:laugh3:

BrettM said:
well that doesn't really answer his question.

I would first check your local NAPA or whatever parts store you go to that doesn't have morons behind the counter (cough, autozon, cough). If they don't know I would call Drivetrain Direct, they have been very knowledgeable and helpful the few times i've called them.

Thanks, I will just give Drivetrain Direct a call, too many morons around here.

Back