• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Twisted alxe mount (disco)

norcal420

NAXJA Forum User
I tried searching, but I couldn't find anything on this so I'm asking anyway . . .

Went wheelin' today, nothing too major (so I thought) but I did notice the driver side axle mount for my sway bar disconnect (JKS) twisted like a pretzel. I'm going to try and torch it back in place and weld some supports on it, but how can I fab something up to protect it in the future?

http://myweb.cableone.net/norcal/140605LostTrail/disco2.jpg
http://myweb.cableone.net/norcal/140605LostTrail/disco.jpg

Thanks,

DR

I wish I knew . . .the swaybar was connected because I was rubing something fierce front and rear despite trimming (I siped my rear tires pretty well on my rear fender). I'm guessing a rock... but I don't think I hit anything that hard.

Couldn't have been the tire twisting it . . . could it???

DR

Timmay said:
How the hell did you do that? Did it contact something on the frame or where the swaybars connected?

You should be able to bend that back with a Crescent wrench after you unbolt the JKS Pin. If not, add some heat. I think you probably hit a pothole/ditch pretty hard and since the link was connected it just bent the weakest part, the mount.

I had the same thing happen...heated it up with a little torch and it bent right back--my plan is to keep doing that 'til it busts off and then I'll consider beefing it up. I think I ended up using a big pipe wrench on mine.

Cool... that's what I'll do too.

No way to protect it though huh?

Late, DR

cjohnson said:
I had the same thing happen...heated it up with a little torch and it bent right back--my plan is to keep doing that 'til it busts off and then I'll consider beefing it up. I think I ended up using a big pipe wrench on mine.

Mine bent because my sway bar was disconnected, but loose, so it hit the mount. I've made a way to hold the sway bar now, so I don't forsee that happenning again. I don't imagine that being a very vulnerable spot otherwise.

Back