• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tracbar relocation stinks - just drill 'er.

barillms

NAXJA Forum User
Well, my death wobble became so bad this past weekend I had to work on the old 2001 Sport to see what needed to be done. I have a 3" Superlift (which is stiff as hell) combo with a Daystar BB. The Skyjacker trackbar relocation bracket is POOP! NOBODY SHOULD USE THESE! I wasn't about to drop $200 on a new HD unit, so I used some common sense. The damn bracket was loose again. So I removed it. Simply drill a new bolt-size hole through the TB bracket approx 3/4"-7/8" to right of the original hole. It's kinda annoying because the tie rod/drag link is in the way, but turn the wheels a bit to make room for your drill. Rebolt your tracbar into the new hole and you'll be golden. My steering feels tighter, deathwobble is gone. No more bracket bolts to worry about. DONE! This is an easy and free improvement if you are using a relocation bracket and are experiencing death wobble due to this bracket loosening up.

Back