• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

why not run RE flex joints at all attachment points?

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Just like it says everyone says not to but I dont see any downside.
More flex? let me know soon my jeep is now at 6.5" on stock LCA's

In sandy or dirty environments, they can wear pretty fast. The liners are cheap to replace but it takes time. The only other reason I can see is that it is really nice to have some rubber give in the system. All hard joints makes for a harsh ride.

old_man said:
In sandy or dirty environments, they can wear pretty fast. The liners are cheap to replace but it takes time. The only other reason I can see is that it is really nice to have some rubber give in the system. All hard joints makes for a harsh ride.

That is what i figured but then I was like harsh compared to what? I am running short arms with 6.5" of lift and Bias ply SX swampers so nothing is gonna be smooth.

BUCKYXJ said:
That is what i figured but then I was like harsh compared to what? I am running short arms with 6.5" of lift and Bias ply SX swampers so nothing is gonna be smooth.
Well, if you're not too interested in a more comfortable ride, then there shouldn't be a problem with running all flex joints.

trail rig only so comfort is secondary to function

BUCKYXJ said:

Then I would say run them:cheers:

BrettM said:
you must clarify; is this for a radius arm/long arm system, or for a stock type 4 link?

It is for a long arm system similar to how Rubicon Express' is set up I believe. and yes I am also working on a D44 front gonna be using radius arms. I figure I can sell the longarms in a year no problem.

with longarms you NEED soft bushings (rubber or poly) at the axle end or the arms will act as a giant sway bar.

use a joint (large heim, flexjoint, etc) at the 2 frame attachments and bushings at all the axle attachments and the attachments between the 2 arms.

Back