• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Jerking During acceleration-speedo related?

Purple

NAXJA Forum User
I recently took out and placed it back in-the speedo gear... since that, my speed needle sometimes, wonders off to higher speeds, or lower speeds... During that my jeep will act as if the fuel or ignition was cut off, jerks, if i let off the pedal, it stops, do you think that is caused by the speedo gear? Should i buy a new one, or just reseat the old one?Im also running 31s if that makes difference. 98 4L 231J Aw4

Did you change the speedo gear, or just remove and replace the same one? You need to make sure the speedo cover housing is clocked correctly to hold the gear in place.

i know, it did not work at all before, then i turned it 90 degrees, and it worked, plus the fork alligned with the notches in the speedo gear thing... but now it is starting to act on its own... i dont think it got loose or anything... im just hoping the plastic spiral gear that came with my AA SYE did not wear out.

Back