• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recommended CS Spacer

LawlessXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've got the RE 5.5 XD system which is currently sitting at 6.25" front and 7" rear with maybe around 800 miles on it. The 3/4" difference visually appears a little more than that.

I have an XD9000i that will be going into a BPI front bumper. I want to level the jeep out and compensate for that extra winch/bumper weight. I also may go with a bumper and rear tire carrier sometime down the road. Can anyone thats done a similar set-up tell me what size coil spacers they used or would recommend based on their experience?

I'm thinking possibly a 1.75" with out rear tire carrier, but not sure how much more rear leaves might settle (or with rear bumper and tire carrier).

TIA

XJ%20016.jpg

I don't have an answer to your question-----------I just wanted to say sweet jeep!!!!!:eek:

Is the front coils the 4.5" Zj coil? If so a 3/4" spacer is the way to go. I would do anything for the rear. I have the same leafs, they aren't going to settle for awhile. Juice

stock front spring spacer work great and you can stack them 3/4" at a time. at the time they were cheap $8-12 each. mine have been replaced with 8"spring now but I ran them for years. I started stock (1) and was running up to 4. great way to adjust. I've had my '87 it's entire life. I think at one time I was running a tomken 2" spacer with 2 stock spacers before I got 6" springs.

Looking at the pic I'd say you could stand to lose a inch of lift in the nose. I'd wait untill you intsalled the bumper and the winch to see how much you want to reclaim.

My personal opinion is the XJ looks better rear end high.

I see what you mean now that I compared the roof line of the Navigator to that of the XJ.

Still you may want to wait and see how much those rear springs settle in before pulling your front end apart again.

How long before you get the rear bumper tire carrier?

What about finding the spring rate on the front coils from the company. Then find out the weights of your bumper and winch from the other companies. As you know, spring rate is the amount of weight (or force when you are driving) needed to compress the spring, so you can figure out how much it will compress the spring! Good Luck! Oh yeah, if you for some reason cannot find out what the spring rate is, either petersons 4 wheel, or fouw wheeler did a feature on springs, I can look for it if you need me to, but right now I am in the process of moving up north for college this summer, so it may be a couple of days.

Well if you are 3/4" low and gonna add a bumper and winch I would go for 1" as a start.

I've got the Warn XD (from my previous 4x4) and I'm not too far away from ordering the bumper so probably the best bet is to just get that installed and measure it up from there.

The rear bumper/tire carrier is further down the road. So probably won't worry too much about that until it happens.

Thanks!

look to be orgs supernerfs-----Am I right Mr. Hinkley?;)

WEll you already know ORGS quality, so Might I suggest some of these..hmhmhm

I have them on my ZJ and they are great, no more pulling the springs everytime I add something heavy to the pig, or the springs settle...put em on once and forget it...

I use a craftfman strap wrench to adjust them (make sure the weight if off the springs so you dont tear the urethane isolators) get them to the height needed and then tighten down the allen bolt....AND they come with some really nice bumpstops..
standard.jpg
:anon:

Back