• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbies, we love you, look here before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRASH

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
NAXJA welcomes you to the best and biggest XJ information site on the web. We're happy to have you on board.

We have been in operation for some time now, and have developed a massive tech database made up of questions from people just like you. People who were not yet wise in the ways of the XJ. These questions were answered by the Yoda's of the NAXJA universe. All was well.

However, the NAXJA community has continued to grow. We now have nearly 12,000 registered users. All of them have questions about one topic or another, and more than likely that question has been addressed in the past. All of that information is available by searching the NAXJA database. The search feature is easy to find, it's right at the top of the page, under your name. It is an excellent feature, and will garner more information than you can possibly absorb at one time. Or click HERE

If, by some odd alignment of the stars, your specific question has never been asked (Has anyone ever swapped a rotary engine into an XJ? - No hits on that, I checked), feel free to ask it on one of our fine forums. Which brings us to a fine reminder:

There is much more to NAXJA than the Modified Technical forum! We have an OEM tech board where questions about non-modified parts of your rig can be answered by our resident experts. The Non-Tech board abounds with humorous anecdotes and general musings. One of our newest additions, the Jeep Picture Showcase is a bounty of pictures of various XJ's with various lifts from various manufacturers with various tire sizes and topped off with various colors. A perfect question for this board would be "Show me pictures of your black 1997 XJ with a 4.5" RE lift and 32" Boggers."

Wait, there is still more. Various Chapter sites have been set up for different regions of the country. They are well populated with friendly, helpful people who are just itching to help you with questions of local significance!

Remember, above all, NAXJA loves newbies. But even newbies have responsibilities, so please take the time to follow the advice of the long-timers, read the forum rules, and try not to be an ass-hat.

If you like what you see, and want to help support this site, we can always use your membership dollars. Membership info can be found on our homepage.

Thank you for your attention, and happy searching.

CRASH

Last edited:
Am I still a newb and do I still have to try and not be an asshat? That might be hard to accomplish.

Yes I searched already and nothing specifically stated me.

Lincoln said:
Am I still a newb and do I still have to try and not be an asshat? That might be hard to accomplish.

Yes I searched already and nothing specifically stated me.

Yes, you still have to try

I searched and got this ...

ac225.jpg

It's a Lincoln, it's got a hat in there, and it's newb.

Specific enough?

BTW, when in doubt ... stick-it

Ed A. Stevens said:
Yes, you still have to try

I searched and got this ...

ac225.jpg

It's a Lincoln, it's got a hat in there, and it's newb.

Specific enough?

BTW, when in doubt ... stick-it

Ok you win. I'll try to be good boy. I am going to keep my fingers crossed though. :D

Please lets not forget we were all newbs once LOL

bowhunter said:
Please lets not forget we were all newbs once LOL

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRASH said:
I want to be bold....or at least make this thread bold!

:passgas: As a long time newb, I could use some "Lingo" translation as I'm somewhat chronicalogicly challenged:compwork: My kid -who types with her thumbs 3x me- says I'm not likely to get it --- EVER!!!:viking:

Depends on the "lingo" invovled.

If it's for here, I'd be happy to help. If it's "street slang," I just don't care enough to bother. Someone here has a sig that sums it up - "Speak English you demented twit!"

Granted, I tend to speak English rather than American (my writing bears this out - it's a habit I picked up in middle school to return the favour to a particularly annoying "English" teacher...) but I get the point across - usually without translation.

Whether it's proper English or proper American (I speak both...) I only ask that people use proper language when talking to me. While I also speak about six additional languages, I don't expect to need them at home - nor do I care to use them at home.

"Trade language" is another story - it's usually a verbal shorthand to get a point across in quite a bit fewer words. I consider that an acceptable foreshortening of the language used in specific circumstances.

"Ebonics" or "Street talk," on the other hand, is something I'll generally ignore. While it may be irksome to someone who walks up to me on the street, simply giving them a blank look until they phrase their query properly usually suffices (it also worked on my two boys.) I didn't bother with that nonsense when I was a teenager myself - and I see no reason to start now...

5-90

"I'm new" well the name's bob and i could use some help getting around the site contact me if you can help i cant seem to register to chat and would like to learn more about posting pictures and info for people i can build and rench with the best of em but in the computer world im stuck

Sweet page.
Long time lurker, recent new poster, here.
Really seems like some strong tech, but I have noticed a lot of similarities between naxja and the tech at Jeeps Unlimited.
Mainly, just a lot of shortcuts goin' on.

As for the chat, I believe you have to be a paying member to have access to it.

hintonsooner said:
Sweet page.
Long time lurker, recent new poster, here.
Really seems like some strong tech, but I have noticed a lot of similarities between naxja and the tech at Jeeps Unlimited.
Mainly, just a lot of shortcuts goin' on.

As for the chat, I believe you have to be a paying member to have access to it.

It seems all of the dipshits from JU think they will become cool if they come over here and muddy up our tech. :D

Many of the NAXJA members post on other boards, somebody has to keep things straight... BTW Welcome Newbs!! Dawg

MudDawg said:
Many of the NAXJA members post on other boards, somebody has to keep things straight... BTW Welcome Newbs!! Dawg

No self respecting NAXJA member posts on JU though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back