• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Lizard... CC784 Coils!

gcam

NAXJA Forum User
Rock Lizard, you out there?

My local parts store doesn't carry the cc784 springs (special order, don't know when they can get them). They list the cc784 springs as heavy duty XJ springs for the '84-'91 XJ.

They do carry the cc782 coils, which they list as HD springs for a '96 and up XJ.

Do you know if there is any difference between the two?

Thanks,
Geoff

I did my BB lift with CC784's kinda had the same problem with Carquest here in Canada, get them to look in a Moog catalog at the coils for various XJ's and for that matter ZJ (bring em a Timmy's you might be there awhile), the mmog catalog I saw had breakdown for up-country susp, and all the various engines (remeber the xj diesel we had?) for the XJ Carquest has only the 2 part numbers CC784 and CC782 (no mention of up-country susp or engine size) same kinda goes when you look at the listing for the ZJ-except the bigger engine part # are the CC784's (and Carquest has no listing for a 95 which I am driving?? go figure) I figured the CC784 were listed for the 5,9 ZJ so figured what the hell (the moog catalog has spring rates and all that crap...........bring alot of Timmy's if you go through all that) so I went with the CC784's, I netted basically 1 1/2" over stock once they settled, mind you I also have a hd custom winch bumper and winch hanging up front that the original springs never got experience. after the install I was at 1 3/4, depending how much lift you are looking for add a spacer (ikea cutting boards work great or buy Canadian sdl.suspension.com i think)

I also went thru the same dance with CarQuest and part numbers, I got the 784's ,but I think it's the same spring just different part no. for different years, mines a 92 4.0.

http://www.federal-mogul.com

Go to aftermarket parts, then MOOG.
You can use this look up to find the part numbers for diffent years. I think that the 784 is the same as the 782. They're both HD variable rate.

Back