• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gearing for 33's

KingOfTheHill

NAXJA Forum User
well, im lifted 3" on 31's... and i need to re-gear it for sure....

i plan on using these 31's for a while to get my money out of them but i want to regear now... im planning ahead on 33's and figure i could just gear for 33's now and just be deep in the gearing on the 31's...

i dont do TOO much freeway driving so how much will this affect me? and what is the recommended gear ratio for 33's?

thanks

JOe

4.56 if you want some fuel economy

4.88 if you want a little deeper or you are ever thinking of going bigger

What axle are you running? You are limited to 4.56 with the 8.25

dont encourage them karstic

i thought we had seen the end of this

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but there is a wealth of information on this exact subject if you use the search button. For that matter almost all the questions and problems I've come to in my jeep build up have been covered before. Searching is the best course of action before creating a new thread.

Ramsey said:
dont encourage them karstic

i thought we had seen the end of this

Sorry Massa, I'll take my 100 lashes with a wet noodle now. :twak:

Bassmastabruce said:
I don't mean to sound like a dick, but there is a wealth of information on this exact subject if you use the search button. For that matter almost all the questions and problems I've come to in my jeep build up have been covered before. Searching is the best course of action before creating a new thread.
dude your such an ass. you have to do that part for them http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46901

Bassmastabruce said:

Noob of the year award, right there.

karstic said:
4.56 if you want some fuel economy

4.88 if you want a little deeper or you are ever thinking of going bigger

What axle are you running? You are limited to 4.56 with the 8.25

the fuel economy will be very similar between 4.56's and 4.88's. I say go as deep as your axle allows: 4.56's for 8.25 or 4.88's for D44. IF you have a D35, get a new axle first. If you have 27 spline 8.25 get a new axle first. If you got 29 spline 8.25 consider going 4.56 or getting a new axle and going 4.88's.

Anyways if you go 4.56's you're going to be kicking yourself after you get 33's.

lets not make this a tech thread please

cut his internet conncetion if anything :D

ironic.jpg

unfortunately its just cliche. i think i'm gonna have to switch to blue though, its nice

KingOfTheHill said:
well, someone is an uptight ass....

thanks kejtar
whereas others are morons

Back