• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to fix your power windows lockout problem.

Calata

NAXJA Forum User
Note, this is only for >97 Cherokees, not sure if it will work on <96.

A few weeks ago, I saw a post from someone who asked if it's possible to bypass the power windows lock switch in the driver's door. The reason is because while the driver would have control of all the windows, all the passengers cannot control their own windows.

I finally figured out how to bypass the switch, both internally (inside the actual switch assembly ) and externally ( at the wires in the door that connect to the switch itself ).

I have a few pics available that should better explain it and make life easier. However, I don't know how to post pics here. ( I'm still in the process of writing out the full instruction for the internal bypass ). The advantage to the internal bypass is that if you ever plan on getting a new switch assembly, you could still use the window lock/unlock feature.

For the quick, down and dirty fix, please see http://home.earthlink.net/~nflorea/images/1998 Jeep Cherokee Power Window UNLOCK bypass.doc ( Word document attachment ).

Hope this bit of information helps others also.

Back