• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reasonable prices for stock parts.....?

CJHVN

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, where do you get your stock XJ parts? (i.e. brakes hardware, steering stuff, engine parts, etc.) I'm not a big fan of Quadratec or 4WD. I've found that, for the most part, I can find parts for my CJ many other places a lot cheaper than buying from them. I'm sure there are places that sell stock XJ parts for a reasonable price......

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Anything important I buy from my Jeep dealer. Non-critical parts I use Quadratec, Auto Zone, and Advance Auto (the New England branch of Parts America/Shucks/Kragan/Checker/et al).

Eagle said:
Anything important I buy from my Jeep dealer. Non-critical parts I use Quadratec, Auto Zone, and Advance Auto (the New England branch of Parts America/Shucks/Kragan/Checker/et al).
2x

Some sites that sell jeep parts for fairly decent prices:
www.jeepsareus.com
www.tenaflyjeepmoparparts.com

I buy most of my parts from the local dodge dealer, taken me some time but he finally convinced the dealer manager to keep some common items in stock, normal tune up stuff, tstats, gaskets, belts, pulleys, etc. He also gets most of what I order within a day, two at most. The only downside is he's not open on sat or sun when murphy makes his appearance....
Usually when I walk in I see more jeep parts getting checked in than dodge truck and car stuff.

The "stealership"? Seriously? I would have thought they would be the most expensive?!?!

I know for my CJ, I've found online sites out there that offer incredible deals on Jeep parts because they have low overhead and they don't have an inventory/warehouse to maintain.

I guess I'll just keep searching....

The steelerships are the most expensive but in the cases where Eagle cites, the quality is worth the cost.

If I don't need to get it from the dealer, then I go straight to my local small town NAPA.

Their parts system seems to be more up to date with part numbers/years and (probably because he owns the place) the counter guy is always genuinely interested in the quality of service.

HTH

CJHVN said:
The "stealership"? Seriously? I would have thought they would be the most expensive?!?!

I know for my CJ, I've found online sites out there that offer incredible deals on Jeep parts because they have low overhead and they don't have an inventory/warehouse to maintain.

CJHVN said:

Not in all cases and some dealers will even give you a discount if you do enough business with them.

Back