• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wipers intermitant kinda??(searched)

funvtec

NAXJA Forum User
my wipers on my 90 xj limited seem to have a gremlin controlling them when i turn them on the intermitant part the stop whwerever they want and start at any time. the other 2 controls for low and high work fine till i turn them off and they dont return to the cowel. and the mist control works only when held down . is it the switch arm or is it the motor and i hear a buzzing sound when it starts acting up

thanks NAXJA gurus my search returned many results none that seemed to be my exact problem

Don't know for sure, but I would suspect the motor or linkages.

Pull the wipers, and trim ... and have a look.

I had the same type of issue with my 93. Turned out to be two loose wires coming off the delay wiper module. I thought it was the module itself but when I went to replace it the wires popped out of the factory clip. All seems back to normal now.

Chris.

Cml said:
I had the same type of issue with my 93. Turned out to be two loose wires coming off the delay wiper module. I thought it was the module itself but when I went to replace it the wires popped out of the factory clip. All seems back to normal now.

Chris.

where is the module? by the fuse box?

on the bottom of the drivers side dash, there is a little box with velcro. that is the module, your module might be messed up. i replaced mine. my wipers were screwed up. i bet that is your problem also.

thanks a million i'll check it out!

Back