• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How tight? Upper lower conrol arms.

snow drifter

NAXJA Forum User
I searched but most of the posts were about track bar popping. Just installed new upper and lower control arms for 4.5" lift. I cranked the bolts down a lot tighter than the old ones were, but I still have a popping, clanking noise when I turn left. went off road yesterday disconected and it sounded like all of them were loose? I have a new adjustable track bar and it's super tight so it's not that. Just how tight do these control arms have to be? Did anyone use an impact wrench on these. Please help, thaks

I'd still bet on your trackbar, but not where you're thinking. Check the 4 bolts that hold the frame end mounting bracket in place.

Also check the axle end of the track bar. When I replaced my track bar the bushing was larger than the old one. If you used the old bolt, the track bar will slap around at the axle end.

ChiXJeff said:
I'd still bet on your trackbar, but not where you're thinking. Check the 4 bolts that hold the frame end mounting bracket in place.
2X
Experience

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll check the track bar. I guess I should of mentioned that the track bar is not new. About a year old. No popping sounds untill I put on the new upper/lower control arms. I did disconect the track bar though so I'll double check all the bolts, thanks

Back