• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil filter relocation

mdwatkins

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone out there relocate their oil filter to a more convienent location under the hood? I noticed K&N's kit and thought it looked interesting.

Also any thoughts on the K&N Oil filter?

Matt

Never thaught that anyone made a kit for this...hate the darn location......prefer the filter located straight down....lets you fill it before you install it. Let me know what you find out,

Hate to say it but the kit I found is from Performance Products not the cheapest place out there...They say it should fit the following

1991 JEEP GRAND WAGONEER 5.9L

1991-1995 JEEP WRANGLER

1993-2002 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

1997-2002 JEEP WRANGLER

It doesn't list it, but I'm sure it would work for the XJ...I think I'll give them a call tomorrow and get the specs for sure.

Check out http://www.performanceproducts.com/...elocation+Kit&productid=104381&producttype=20

Let me know what you think

Matt

Try Summit, I got the universal trasmission and oil cooler gor 100.00 and it comes with the oil filter relocation kit.

I got one from Rusty. It was a Performance Products and could not get the thing to seal properly. It leaked at each end of the hoses. It seemed to me that the connection wasn't machined properly but I never did figure it out. I took it off and went back to the original location until I could figure out how to correct the leaking.

Faux4x4

Faux4X4 said:
Try Summit, I got the universal trasmission and oil cooler gor 100.00 and it comes with the oil filter relocation kit.

Faux so where did you relocate the filter too? I've built a mount off the back of my A/C comp. to mount the spin on mount to but it still needs some work & testing to see if it'll all workout. I would be interested to see or hear where you mounted yours...
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

There are many manuf. out there but I want to know where the HELL on a XJ in the engine compartment you can put one. I've been trying to come up with something for years...(before there was a NAXJA even..) I think one guy had one down low out front it wasn't the place to put an oil filter though. Thats why I built a mount off the rear of the A/C comp. but haven't been able to finish it....
Any one know of any ideas I'm all ears.....
See Ya !
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

sorry I did not clear that up, I moved the battery to the rear of the jeep (gell cell) and put the remote oil filter on the fender wall and put the summit remote trans filter like 20 bucks on the core support.

Yeah.. you gotta stop the bus for me....let me catch up... that makes things clearer... I'm not ready to relocate the batt. yet.
Thats to bad I thought you had one of those "why didn't I see that when I looked the 50 other times...) places.
Where you at in So.Cal.?
See Ya !!
Curt (Xtreme XJ)

Back