• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

slickrock?

a-mechanic

NAXJA Forum User
is it doable in three wheel drive? and would anybody want to go during the crawl? and would kevin spot me? (i think i could drive thru hell and heaven and back to ga. with him pointing the way)
33"km's , 6"s lift, detroit outback.

Umm I wouldn't try it without 4 wheel drive and locker f/r. They don't call it slickrock for nothin:D

You can run Slickrock with only one locker, it might take some effort, some rock stacking, a spotter, or a combination of all three but it's doable. If it's nice and dry it's very doable. I'm definitely running Slickrock so I'll be willing to spot you if need be.

The first time I ever did slickrock I was locked in the rear with 33's and made it with no winching and no problems.....you just got to hit the go pedal pretty hard at times.....

I agree with the go pedal. I went up it a couple of weeks ago with only one rear pulling (broken spider gear) and had to winch a couple of times at the very top of the valley only. As long as there are others there, go for it!

Andy
Kevin wants to do it also so you too can get togther on Wed and decide when you want to hit it...We could take a smal detuor one day and let you too hit it...I will try and plan something out..Leaving Sat and Sun for you too to fix something...Just joking...Althoug Kevin is looking at a front locker right now might have one and might not....after last Sat he really wants one but then talks his slef out by saying"Will I really gain anything?"

ALL 4 WHEELS MUST PARTICIPATE

Enough said Heather? Of course he'll gain things, drivetrain damage, sheetmetal damage, ego damage, blah, blah, blah........ :D

Sean

Can I go and break there too?????

Got my new shafts the other day, gave me a woody just looking at them.

Kevin, just do it, don't be a school girl about it, see YOU in TN with 4 WHEEL DRIVE!!!!

My projects are coming down to the wire!! :eek: I should have the SJ painted this weekend,and I'll be able to devote all next week to finishing the tire carrier and making a winch bumper :yelclap: If I run out of time to do everything,will anyone help me slap in an EZ Locker in the front of my junk when I get up there Thursday evening? (hint-hint-Andy & Kevin perhaps?)

Hey, I'll try slickrock with yah and whatever
else you want to try.
I'm ready for something new.

Mike, I thought you bought a lockright,
did you change your mind?

sounds good. i thought kevin wanted to do lower 2 in 3wd before locking the front? and mike you can come by the shop some night and we'll install it. thurs mornin i'm ridin' not wrenchin' unless something goes wrong.

Oops!! You're right,Mark! It was a Lock-Right :doh: I'm not all here at the moment,I'm thrashing trying to get the SJ done in time to tow the XJ. Andy,thanks a million! Actually,I guess I already owe you a million,but hey,who's counting? YOU ARE! :laugh: You just let me know if I can EVER help you out with ANYTHING! Like flames on the lawn mower :laugh: I'll be in touch with you early next week.

Mike's post reiterates to me just what a NAXJA Chapter is all about! Folks lending hands/expertise, sharing parts/shops, and just basically making the jeeping affliction easier on a neighbor.

Once in awhile ya can get em together to pull off a great event! The Jeep/Truck show at Andy's Dealership in MetroLanta was awesome... Tellico last year (both times) was great...Can't wait for Cherokee Crawl 03. Is it REALLY only 2 weeks away? Wooo Hoooo!

"Can I go and break there too?????"

Everyone can...it's an equal opportunity kinda place

"Got my new shafts the other day, gave me a woody just looking at them."

I'll get a Woody if I don't have to tug your junk out of my woods again...

"Kevin, just do it, don't be a school girl about it, see YOU in TN with 4 WHEEL DRIVE!!!"

Tellico doesn't always require 4WD...2WD with a sack full of 'get out of my way' can do fine if one skips a bunch of whining afterwards.

I want to see Kevin in a school-girl outfit spotting folks up guardrail...

ANGUS!!!!

Woody...Thats gross...going to give me nightmares and he's my husband...LOL

BTW do you want those seats??We will bring them with us...

So it looks like slickrock on Fri....

Please bring em... I might even bungee them in so extra folks can come along for the fun.

I'll shop for a school girl outfit for kevin tomorrow... you bring the razor blades to shave his legs. Then we need to round up a posse to hold him down to execute the transformation...this may take 10 or so BIG dudes, of which I am not...I'll coach though

school girl outfit for kevin

Ok, well I won't be sleeping tonight.

Count me in for the Slickrock run. Let's see who keeps on it hard enough to walk it out into the center and roll :eek:

Sean

Heather,I found a Suburban with the factory tinted glass. But wouldn't you know it :( The ONLY thing missing from the whole vehicle was the driver's side rear door :laugh: Ask Kevin if there's ANY chance that the passenger side glass may interchange with it. If it will,I'll snag it and bring it along with me to the 'Crawl. -Later!

Appreciate you looking out for it but nah it won't work...But is okay we got some limo tint in April and put on it...Works great..Just could not talk himinot tinting the rear glass...

Back