• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

62mm TB whistles...

Purple

NAXJA Forum User
my bored tb whistles, any ideas how to get rid of it? its cool for a while, but after 3 hours at 120km/h its freaking annoying like hell:) i know some of the 150$ ones come without the whistle, why? any pics? comparisons?

Mine did the same thing until I turned up the radio.
Matter of fact, that also fixed my squeaks, rattles, and thunks as well.

lol...yeahh, i know... i have a nice stereo system, i listen to my TB and my stereo once im in the city, once im out, i just loose all the "human made" noises, and try to concentrate on wheeling(no beer holders-went through too much shit)... anyway, city is ok, since music is loud etc... but whats out there?what to do with whistle? Turbanator? my local napa sells these for 5 bucks! do you think that will stirr it up and all the whistle will go away? K&N plus whistle is annoying

Purple...someone else had a problem with their non-bored throttle body whistling too. Check the screws holding the throttle blade (butterfly) in place. I broke one of mine re-installing it and replaced it with an emergency screw. It doesnt seat all the way and makes a crazy loud whistle at around 2000 rpm. Its either that or the butterfly isnt sealing properly in the bore and some air is getting by making the whistle.

Justin

i beleive it comes from the opening for the IAC i'm not 100% but i'm pretty sure i rember someone giving the opening a slight fillet and it fixing the prob.

I have a few comments about it on my write up on boring your own T/B to get rid of it. It only effects those who run a steel intake tube rather than the rubber one as well.

Purple said:
my bored tb whistles, any ideas how to get rid of it? its cool for a while, but after 3 hours at 120km/h its freaking annoying like hell:) i know some of the 150$ ones come without the whistle, why? any pics? comparisons?

round the edges off of the passages below the throttle plate. If the edges are sharp it will whistle.

The whistle is caused by turbulence when the air hits the lower edge of the IAC opening above the throttle plate. Feather that lower edge and the whistle will diminish or go altogether.

Back