• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which Budget Lift?

DannyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to put a small lift on my 91 XJ just to run a little bigger tires until I have the money for a bigger lift. I have been looking at the several different Budget Boost lifts that are 1-2 inches of lift. Which kit do you think would be the best way to go? My suspension sags a little bit but not much. I know it would be a spacer up front but in the rear there are shackles, AAL, and blocks. Any suggestions. TIA

if you have sagging leafs in the back, you would probably be better with an AAL. i recently installed rusty's BB with the AAL on my 92 XJ, and my rear leafs were sagging.

I was looking for the same thing and decided to run Rocky Road's budget lift about a year ago. I have been extremely pleased with it and would highly recommend it. You can't beat the price at 100 bucks either.

Matt

How difficult is the lift to put on? This will be my first time working on suspension.

i actually use a teraflex 1.75" spacer in the front and an AAL from a YJ in the rear of mine. i got it used (2 years) and have been running it for bout 9 mos. now with no sagging. i don't ahve expierence withinstalling AAL's, but the front was really pretty easy. and despite what some may say, you do not need a coil spring compressor. the only problem i ahd was fitting the spacer over the bumpstops. nothing a little heat on the tower couldn't fix tho....

Snall lifts are no problem to install, most of it is just unbolt this and bolt up that kinda thing. I have a used 2.5" lift with a full set of pro-comp shocks and a AAL, complete with a drag link...heck, I even have a set (6) of 30" tires with lots of life in them. If your interested in the lift and/or the tires let me know.

How much would you let that lift go for? I'm sorry but I am all new to suspension lifts. What is required to install the drag link? TIA

The entire lift is an easy one day affair. The drag link is a simple remove old and replace with new one. After install you should have an alignment done. How about $150 plus shipping? Let me know......
Rick

Back