• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is this?

maintenance timer, I think. I don't have one. when you hit "X" amount of miles it tells you that your to stupid to figure out that the O2 sensor needs to be changed.

ANNOYING at best. Not needed at all.

If I'm wrong I'm sure I'll be beaten appropriatly.

That is indeed the maintenence timer, and a fine looking one at that.....
:repair:

You can reset it if you are careful and mechanically inclined. I thought I was by taking the thing apart and then realized I could have done it without breaking the plastic welds. It will cause a light to come on at about 85K miles. The manual says you must have the dealer replace it. Bunk.

well, since i don't need it, i guess i'll just unplug it and take it out.
i've been looking at this thing for a while, and just couldn't figure out what it was. thanks

You can reset it if you are careful and mechanically inclined. I thought I was by taking the thing apart and then realized I could have done it without breaking the plastic welds.
SJX, can you describe how to reset it without destroying it? Mine has about 83K on it now, and I expect it to light up any day now. :)

Runnin'OnEmpty said:
That is indeed the maintenence timer, and a fine looking one at that.....

Indeed. It causes the 'Maintenance Required' light to come on when it's time to either a) replace the muffler bearings or b) change the spoiler fluid.

:D

Back