• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track bar...difference between 90-/91+???

MarkdaleXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Just curious about the physical difference between the two bars and if they are/are not interchangeable. I want to put a new bar in the 93 but my 89 parts heep has a new bar and frame bracket on it so I'm wondering if using the two parts together will be compatible???

I am trying to use as much as I can from the 89 since a ton of $$$ went into everything a very short time before the #5 rod put a fist-sized hole in the side of the block...now it's the parts dept Or hasta ?

I am pretty sure they are the same parts... I've never seen any differentiation between older vs newer from any aftermarket sources (like JKS, RE, Rustys), BUT Quadratec lists different part # for the 84-90 and 91-98...

So I'll shut up now...

They are not the same part ... but if you can find the difference, let me know. I put a '93 track bar in my '88 when I had to replace the original, and it knocked my steering wheel off-center by about 15 degrees. I just used the drag link to center it up again.

One slow Saturday morning up at the dealership we laid an early track bar and a late track bar on the counter and tried to see why they are different. There has to be some very minor dimensional difference, but we couldn't see it ... and we tried.

Yeah, you can use it.

Back