• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ console in pre 97 jeep

scottsxj

NAXJA Forum User
has anyone ever put the 97+ center console in an older jeep. I was in my friends jeep today and i really liked the look of the console, plus the fact that it has cupholders already in it. The ebrake lever looks like the only prob, as long as you could figure out how to mount it the console, or maybe it bolts directly in. Anyone have any info on this or pictures. TIA

scott

Yes I have done it. Now with that being said here are somethings to watch for.

You will have to move the emergency brake handle over about 1.5" and will require some metal work. Only the front 2 screw points will work, you will have to move the back 2. The front of the new unit comes up a little short from the bottom of the dash. The old duct to the back seat will not work with the new console. You will also need the shift bezel and 4 wheel drive bezel too.

For the T handle either pull up on it or hit from the underside with something.

I will post some pics tonight of the setup. It is much better than the old cup holders. All of this for cup holders holly *hit batman, I must be a lunatic

If possible think you can post a pic of the e-brake relocation on the transmission tunnel? Do you have a gap now or did you weld in another piece of metal where it was previously located? Thanks.

Back