• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Temp Control and Transmission Light

JoesXJ

NAXJA Forum User
My light for the transmision/tranfercase and climate control are out, thats the only light out though, everything (guages wipers etc.) is working fine. My guess is the fuse(s) not the bulb, anyone know what fuse this is? I figured I'd ask here before I go take each one out and inspect it. Thanks! :cheers:

Which light is the only one out? The climate control? Or the bezels on the tranny and TC shifters?

XJade said:
Which light is the only one out? The climate control? Or the bezels on the tranny and TC shifters?

The light for the climate control (cant see it at night) AND for the tranny and TC shifter (cant see them at night either).

my shifter/climate lamps did not work when i first got my '93.. then one day they just started working. i believe they run off of the same fuse as the instrument cluster lamp, but there seems to be a flaky link in there somewhere, the sort that wiggling or unplugging/replugging a wire harness might fix..

All the panel and instrument illumination is off the same fuze, so if most of the bulbs are on, the fuze is good.

You're probably losing the bulbs. It's not a bad idea to change them all while you're in there - there are two sizes used (I think they're #194 and #74, but check.)

5-90

Back