• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doetsch Tech Shocks, what do you think??

Hal9000

NAXJA Forum User
Howdy everyone,

I'm looking to purchase a set of Doetsch Tech shocks to put under my trail rig and was wondering if any of you have any opinions on them?

They would be going on a XJ with about 4inches of lift.

all i've heard are good things about them.

Not bad, but there are better ones out there. Use the 'search' function in the toolbar above for more info. As you can imagine, this is discussed here often.

I don't think you'll be disapointed. I've ran them the last 8 years, no problems, & a nice ride. Someday I'll replace them with RS 9000's, but until then, they're working great @ about 5" of lift. Your springs also have alot to do wit the ride quality, as the shocks, just regulate the springs.
Enjoy, knowing you spent less, but didn't sacrifice the ride :)

Rob

They make different shocks, are you referring to the DT3000? If so, they are a basic hydraulic shock. They are, however valved specifically for each application unlike many others out there, so they may ride a little better than some of the other run of the mill hydraulic shocks out there. For instance, I had a set of Rancho RS5000 shocks on an old truck of mine and it rode great, but a friend has them on his YJ and it rides like a sherman tank.

Shocks don't exactly break the bank, it might be worth spending a little more for a better ride...

they were ok but after a short time they seem to get harsher. Currently i have the RE superflex with full packs and even with a lower psi in my tires, i take a beating with these shocks. Id just spend another 100 bucks and get ome or 9000's.

Back