• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got A Flywheel Issue Need Some Input

b4wheelnxj

NAXJA Forum User
WELL I HAVE A CRACK IN THE PRESSURE PLATE OUT OF A 89 CHERoKEE 4.0 liter. well i have a motor out of a 93 grand cherokee automatic 4.0 liter will that pressure plate work can anyone help me

b4wheelnxj said:
WELL I HAVE A CRACK IN THE PRESSURE PLATE OUT OF A 89 CHERoKEE 4.0 liter. well i have a motor out of a 93 grand cherokee automatic 4.0 liter will that pressure plate work can anyone help me

No. It sounds like you have a manual in your Cherokee which takes a flywheel and pressure plate for the clutch. An automatic transmission uses a flexplate to hold the torque converter. A flywheel cannot be replaced with a flexplate. If I am reading you wrong and you have an automatic in the 89, it still will not work. The 89 uses a different flexplate or flywheel than the later HO models and they are not compatible.

I'm going to assume that your 89 is an auomatic and that you mean flexplate, not flywheel. Irrespective ... it won't work. The teeth that trigger the CPS are different in the Renix vehicles than in the 91 and newer engines using the Chrysler injection/ignition system. Won't work.

sorry for the wording it was late last night u are right i have a automatic and it want work thx a bunch will have to by one for auto parts dealer

Back