• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front sway bar drop?

ferday

NAXJA Forum User
hi guys, new to the forums here.

just installed a 4.5 lift from kevinsjeepparts and was wondering about the front sway bar. the top joints are less than 1/2" away from the coils, and although they never hit the coils through travel i'm wondering about dropping the entire sway bar using some bar stock to move the assembly forward of the springs a bit. my question is do people do this, and what effect would it have on daily driving, especially highway?

thanks all

Welcome to the board. Word of advise, use the seach function for all your questions before you ask. That being said, did your lift kit come with a swaybar extention or quick discos?

i checked the search, didn't really answer my question...i am wondering what dropping the sway bar 1" will do to the driving quality if anything (i'm not worried about losing a degree or two of approach, at least for now.) i have noticed in the search that there are people who make said brackets, so i know it can be done.

i don't have discos yet, and probably won't for a while unless i somehow find time to make some. the kit did not come with a bracket, i would make one out of 1" bar stock. so far i am spending more time than i have trying to locate driveline vibes (which the search function has helped me with!)

thanks again, these forums are great help.

Dropping the frame-mounted sway bar brackets will get the sway bar geometry closer to stock, which is a good thing.
I dropped mine an 1 1/2" and really could not feel any difference .

Hey ferday, welcome.
The springs on my '98 XJ w/3.5" Rubicon Express (RE) would hit the sway bar discos sometimes. I used REs sway bar relocator and it worked great.

Rubicon Express Suspension Products

tnRE9921.jpg

RE9921 Sway Bar Relocation Brackets - Relocation brackets for XJ Cherokee.
Included quantity: 2 $27.95 + S&H

I'm running 6" lift. I dropped my front sway bar 3" using 3/16X 2X3 channel, drilled to move the swaybar brackets forword 2".
I have not experienced any on-road handling problems.
Roger

Im running 8.5 with no drop down, I have the JKS and there long enough to keep the bar level

Back