• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

convertible XJ?

dyna

NAXJA Forum User
Whats involved structurally in beefing up after removing the roof etc and just leaving the door lowers. It would imagine the roof completes the structural integrity of the uni body. would a full cage be enough? Or would just making a cheromanche be the best route? The ones Ive seem here look great, but I lust after a topless rig again. this is on a 95 4 door 4x4.

dyna said:
Whats involved structurally in beefing up after removing the roof etc and just leaving the door lowers. It would imagine the roof completes the structural integrity of the uni body. would a full cage be enough? Or would just making a cheromanche be the best route? The ones Ive seem here look great, but I lust after a topless rig again. this is on a 95 4 door 4x4.
Might I suggest this?
When I want it covered, I put on the bikini top.

is.php

is.php

when/if i ever get to the point that i want a topless jeep -
full sleeved framerails and a cage that goes from front bumper to rear, thru the firewall, and attaches to both rockers, AND attaches to the sleeved uniframe...

but then im overkill - ford 9" and HP 44, just to run 33's...

Thats perrrrrrrrrrrrrfect, just figured I would smack my head on the door rails so Id hack em out. Do you get any body flexing with your setup?? My first chero, an 85 would get boogered up enough when wheeling I could barely open the doors and never shut them until I was flat again.

Okie Terry said:
Might I suggest this?
When I want it covered, I put on the bikini top.

Okie's junk driveway shots are nice, but it's him you really want to see in a bikini top.

I went with the more "permanent" bikini top.....
First%20Falls%201.jpg

Of course in this shot I have my straps undone to avoid those unsightly tan lines :sunshine:

There are two that were really nicely done, one was a yellow rainbow looking one that was posed on top of a BIG rock a few years ago. The second was a Jeep prototype of a XJ convertable that they actually built, I think it was red, I associate eagle's name with it for some reason. That pic was posted here about 2 or 3 years ago. Had a tonneau cover and might have even had a trunk but I can't picture it in my minds eye anymore...

RichP said:
There are two that were really nicely done, one was a yellow rainbow looking one that was posed on top of a BIG rock a few years ago. The second was a Jeep prototype of a XJ convertable that they actually built, I think it was red, I associate eagle's name with it for some reason. That pic was posted here about 2 or 3 years ago. Had a tonneau cover and might have even had a trunk but I can't picture it in my minds eye anymore...
Is this the one you're talking about?
It's on a BIG rock.
Donny was actually one of the first to do anything with an XJ.
This picture was taken in '97.

is.php

Hey Greg, is this better?

is.php

Back