• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cut doors

Wil Badger

NAXJA Forum User
well i got a set of doors for 10 bucks. the drivers door had a good dent from the jeep being rolled.but for a set of half doors that are just going to get dented anyway.

HlfDoor1.sized.jpg

HlfDoor4.sized.jpg

there are a few more here.i still have plenty to do but i will post more as i get more done.

don't know if i want to cut the hinge or just bolt them on for certain weekends .still wondering what i want to do.i was even thinking of taking out the pin and replacing the pin with the bolt.anybody have a good working options?

i have it cut right now to be a perfect armrest. it is about an inch higher then were the stock armrest lands.i don't won't to lose all the rigidity of the door.thats why i'm also wraping the inside .to help rebox the door

well i did some more work on them today.this one is pretty much finished i just have to give it a final sanding ,maybe a thin coat of bondo to clean up some areas.then paint.

HlfDoor10.sized.jpg

HlfDoor13.sized.jpg

HlfDoor14.sized.jpg

HlfDoor17.sized.jpg

and to give you a better idea of how low i cut it .the ledge is about an inch higher than were the armrest landed before.

HlfDoor20.sized.jpg

Looks good, but I would cut the window frame off. It doesn't really add much to the structure and only adds weight to the door (unless your putting the window back in...). I am building a set as well and thats the first thing I did. I cut it off just above the side mirror mount so I can mount a factory mirror back on.

A.

98 Xj of Death said:
I say cut it down lower, a bit wider and fab up some handle to unlock the hinge.

o yea, make sure to add beer holders, i mean cup holders

something like this.
47b4d933b3127cce9a5243e7098200000016108UaNmrRo24

passenger door is done as well.i just need to find a rattle can that matches my jeep for the most part and bolt them up

HlfDoor24.sized.jpg

HlfDoor25.sized.jpg

this is the latch plate i made.i'm leaving it metal with a clear coat

latch1.sized.jpg

latch.sized.jpg

Back