• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where is my horn?

jbt114

NAXJA Forum User
Hi gang. I have an 89 XJ and I want to install Air Splitter air horns. Whats involved in removing the stock horn? Can't seem to find it. Had the wifey hit the horn but I don't see it.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

I left mine in (1993...same place as Grizzlys) and just spliced the air horns in. If I just tap the horn I get a regular horn beep and if I hit it over a second or so ya get the air horns as well. Works real good on blue hairs. *grin*

Sarge

Thanks for the quick replies. Does the wheel well lining have to be removed for access? How hard to splice, what wires do I look for?

Thanks,

Chris

In the front of your wheel well, at the bottom, couple of screws I think. You can pull back on it and peek up in to see it. Only remove enough attachments to get at it and see what the wire colors are, then trace them up into the engine compartment. Or. . .use an inline tap on the wire leading to the middle of the horn. Run that tapped inline as the positive for the air horns and ground the other wire of the air horns. That's only two ways to do it out of probably a dozen. Good luck!

Back