• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lifting the a$$-end of the hood

Dvipercop

NAXJA Forum User
I know this topic has been beaten to death already, but I couldn't really find any posts that addressed my specific question. When lifting the hood from stock position to 3/4"-1" in the back, does the hood need to be re-aligned? Or can I just bolt in the square tubing and everything will be fine?

Dvipercop said:
I know this topic has been beaten to death already, but I couldn't really find any posts that addressed my specific question. When lifting the hood from stock position to 3/4"-1" in the back, does the hood need to be re-aligned? Or can I just bolt in the square tubing and everything will be fine?

I would think everything should be fine. But you'll know when your done. Expect to move it around a little.

redid mine this morning as its getting hot again, straightforward. easy to align

Not to much of a deal. Just tighen the bolts enough to let it move with force, but not under its own weight. Then let close on the safty latch adjust the rear till it lines up then open it carfully to avoid letting it move, and tighen the bolts down to torque.

Do you guys with this mod get water in the engine bay when it rains?

No water gets in. Had to align just a tad, but I probably knocked it off as I was putting together.

I did mine a few weeks ago and I noticed that after opening my hood and closing it I need to push the cable handle in so that the drivers side stays secure.
If I hadnt spent so much $$$ on the dana 44 I'm getting ready to put on I'd like to have bougtht that hood that gojeep.com has on his XJ.

Instead of putting spacers in there, how about removing the rubber strip at the back of the hood, then bending the "lip" down and over for more airflow (crescent wrench works great)

That way you won't have to mess with the hood mount, you still have good airflow, and it doesn't look like ass.

It's worked great for the past 7 years for me :wierd:

Or you can do both. I lifted the end of the hood 1/2 in using washers and then removed the seal. It works great, but I still need to put on the hood vents to help cool this weekend.

jeep1947 said:
Or you can do both. I lifted the end of the hood 1/2 in using washers and then removed the seal. It works great, but I still need to put on the hood vents to help cool this weekend.

Any pics of this?
I like the sound of this one and I actually have everything to do this.
Thanks,
Nathan

hood vents work well too
pictures.html

i did hood spacers, purchased a steel galvanized pipe, about 3/8-1/2 in diameter, and cut it to 1/2 pieces, worked out pretty well, for the engine, can feel tons of hot air coming out of there, BUT, when im stopped in traffic, and my window setting is dialed in on the fan controlls, all that heat coming up from under the hood, goes inside:p so... i guess there is a downside to it:)

Back