• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

remove antenna

JEEPSPEEDRCR

NAXJA Forum User
i am trying to remove my antenna out of my right front fender to take the fender off but i cannot see a way to take it out of it. any suggestions? i have an 01
-gatlan

You do have to go from underneath if you want to take the whole thing apart. The mast was (or atleast on mine) glued down with loctite before I purchased it, and a while back I was going to take mine off just to clean it really good and I ended up snapping the mast, radio reception went from poor to none for about a week....lol. $12 and a couple trips down to the dealer later, and I've got a new one.

Only problem on mine was when it snapped, the bottom part stayed in (b/c of the loctite) so when I got the new one I had to cross drill and make some new threads in order to get the new one in. So bottom line, go from underneath, it's a whole lot easier. I shoulda just taken the whole thing apart....but as usual I did it the hard way...lol.

thanks,
I just have to take the entire thing out because im installing fiberglass fenders and am going to install the antenna in the new fenders.
-gatlan

Back