• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Homemade coil spacer?? help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassio

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys

im looking to making some 2-2.5 in coil spacers for the front of my xj.

has anyone made some of their own or know a link to where people have.

i did a search but didnt quite find what i was looking for.

i have acces to welder, drill press, and many other tools so thats not a problem.

thanks for helping me stay on a budget

CASSIO

you can go to a wrecking yard and just get 4-5 of the coil spring isolators and that should give you a couple of inches either side.

red91inWA said:
you can go to a wrecking yard and just get 4-5 of the coil spring isolators and that should give you a couple of inches either side.

ok i really dont feel like going from cherokee to cherokee in a wrecking yard taking them apart to get the isolators.

can anyone ELSE help me...

cassio said:
ok i really dont feel like going from cherokee to cherokee in a wrecking yard taking them apart to get the isolators.

can anyone ELSE help me...

It's your front end. If you don't want to spend the $35 for RE spacers, don't want to dig the bone yard, what do you want to do? You are going to spend more than the $35 for the stock to build the others and the time it takes to put them together, IMHO. My time is worth more than the $35 for the RE's, YMMV.

Search the FS Forum to see if anyone is selling some or check our Vendors Forum to see if anyone is selling RE parts. That is about all that can be done.

Urban Redneck said:
You are going to spend more than the $35 for the stock to build the others and the time it takes to put them together, IMHO. My time is worth more than the $35 for the RE's, YMMV.

QUOTE]

the material for the first link cost less than 5 bucks, a friend is gonna do the welding for me. then putting it on will take just as long as the RE would.
so i wont take any longer than if i bought the RE's.

maybe ur time is more valuable than mine but theres plenty of people out there that dont mind saving a few bucks...

Urban Redneck said:
That is about all that can be done.

oh contrair my friend....Call this guy. I bet he can help...
carnac.bmp

The harder you try....Oh a ruby..my RE LCA's for a RUBY...

cassio said:
sorry to interupt yalls jokes but could yall please help me out?..

anyone have some other pics or links or something

We have posted links. We have given you options between next to nothing and up to $35.00.

Apparently you like none of the options. You might as well do it right. Something breaks thats bull_hit on the trail, and you'll get little sympathy.

WTF more do you want ? C'mon.....Your giving the rest of the NOOBS a bad name.

JFC....shoot me Urban...Just plug me in the back of the head. 22 cal. NOW !

UN- F'ing - REAL.

it looks like you've gotten what youo have asked for. Did you open the links that some of the guys gave you?

I wish I had a link to the SEARCH function...

cassio said:
the material for the first link cost less than 5 bucks, a friend is gonna do the welding for me. then putting it on will take just as long as the RE would.
so i wont take any longer than if i bought the RE's.

maybe ur time is more valuable than mine but theres plenty of people out there that dont mind saving a few bucks...

If you know what a spacer looks like and you can get the material for $5 and have someone to weld, what do you need from us? You have your links and advice from people here.

And yes, my time and THE SAFETY OF MY FAMILY AND EVERYONE ON TRAIL, is worth more than saving $30. Tell you what, with the $30 you save you can become a paying member to NAXJA...

Urban Redneck said:
Tell you what, with the $30 you save you can become a paying member to NAXJA...

Good Idea...

Let's encourage the Darwin Arward candidates to bequeath their belongings before the inevitable...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back