• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can someone please tell me where the TCU is

hangubus

NAXJA Forum User
Hey where is the TCU exsactly ...what does it look like how do i test it (how many volts or ohms) where is the fuse? I could not find anything abou a TCU in my Haynes

What year is your XJ? The older ones have the TCU under the dashboard on the passenger side.

Eagle said:
What year is your XJ? The older ones have the TCU under the dashboard on the passenger side.
How "old" is old, Eagle? That's exactly where mine is on my 96...

Yucca-Man said:
I believe on the newest models the TCU is intergrated with the PCM and located in the engine compartment. I'll have to look at my wife's 2000 to confirm that. Since 96 was the first year for OBD-II I sort of expected that 96 might be the same way, but I guess 96 and even 97 were only partial implementations of OBD-II and DaimlerChrysler continued to refine the electronics even after changing over in 96.

There should be a YEL wire.......and a harness, it you have an auto tranny.

For the 91, the fuse is in the PDC(power dist. center in engine bay) -- fuse F3/Auto Trans.

Yucca-Man said:
I'm pretty sure it is under the dash. JIM.

nvm guys problem solved i just spent the last 2 hours cleaning and applying dielectric grease to every fuse and electrical connection i could find. thanks

Back