• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thoughts/Feedback

jeepster91

NAXJA Forum User
I'm considering lifting my recently purchased 91 xj w/191,000 miles. I will be doing the install(if I go for it)with a few friends. My buddy has plenty of experience w/jeeps and broncos. I know I want to wheel but don't want to dump tons of money in at first. So here what I think are some good options after researching for a bit. Rusty's 3" Spring Pack along w/a budget boost that includes the shackle. Approx. cost $540. I probably won't have to worry about death wobble @ this point(I know it can vary from xj to xj), so maybe a t-case drop which is cheap unless I go with the crossmember drop. Or should I just go for the RE 3.5 Super Flex Kit($679) or RE 3.5" Super Ride($569) which are on the higher end and a t-case drop. Do you think based your experience I could do these things without a SYE? I plan on doing some trimming as well, and don't mind cutting a significant amount off. Let me know what you guys think. And I expect to get torn into since this is my first post. "do some research" or "do some more research" I've seen that way to much just reading some posts, and did my best to avoid it.

You have said what your use will be or the tires you want to run.Dirk's hybrid kit's are a really good deal,and his service is outstanding!

It's not a DD, I have my truck for that. But I do use it occasionally to run here and there to save some miles on my truck. For use I'm thinking some trail riding/some street use. And I was thinking around 31"-32" tires

i would avoid rustys. my opinion of course, but i would go with RE, tcase drop and with a 91, i wouldnt think that youd need a sye but get a tcase drop. trim a bit to run 32s

Rusty's isnt bad stuff. Granted he had some problems in the past and some slow shipping issues. I am currently on my second set of Rusty's springs. First was the full 4.5" kit and now I run a combo of Rusty's 6.5" coils, Leafs and TnT custom LA's, which are freakn awsome by the way. As far as the TC drop, if you dont want to a SYE I would go with the drop crossmember, gain in strength and you still get the benefit of 1" drop.

Back