• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with building custom splash guard for K&N Filter (already tried searching)

Dvipercop

NAXJA Forum User
I know this gets brought up all the time, but for the life of me I couldn't find a write up anywhere about it. Awhile back on this site, someone did a write up about converting a computer case into a splash guard for their after-market air filter. With the weather being good finally I have an itch to go work on the Jeep. Anyone know where I might find that write-up, or something similar to it???

Re: Help with building custom splash guard for K&N Filter (already tried searching)

Gojeep.com I think. The Aussie. If I remember corectly,he used a windshield sun shade. The cheap foam with the silver coating on the outside. Make a cardboard template and transfer. You don't need it to be perfect because it will give way when the hood is down. Don't know if this is what you wanted or something more fabricated?

Re: Help with building custom splash guard for K&N Filter (already tried searching)

That's along the same lines of what I'm thinking....unfortunately I have a surplus of computer cases to destroy and no sunshades laying around. Not looking to make anything perfect, just functional (like everything else on my Jeep).

Back