• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2Dr rear fender trimming

KarmirXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I hear alot of guys here say that you can trim the rear of a 2 door alot more than you can from a 4 door. well Im going to be trimming my rear tomarrow and was wondering how I can acomplish this because both the 2 door and 4 door thave spot welds at the same location. if i go past that body will split. I have no problem welding them back.. the broblem is after you pass the spot welds the 2 body sheets are shaped like a 'V" the more up you go the farther appart the sheet metal becomes. Has anybody trimmed their 2 dr before :confused: ? Im trying to fit 37s got about 9 "

It's the SAME way you can trim a 4dr, except you can go forward a bit more, and therefore run larger tires without extending the wheelbase an inch or two. There should be tons of write-ups about installing TJ flares, bushwhackers, and even just trimming in general. Search naxja, search the internet. Find the method you like best, or come up with your own method, and give it a shot.

If you think it's tough getting 37's to fit the rear, what are you going to do about the front? The rear will be the easy part in comparison.

Back