• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's Full Packs

RyleyF

NAXJA Forum User
Just a quick question, can someone provide me some input on how much lift in the rear the Rusty's 3" Full leafs give, and how long it takes to settle? I'm planning on getting this kit in a month for my 89 XJ Laredo but I don't want to get almost 5" in the rear because I'm trying to avoid a SYE if I can.

I know that getting the SYE is the thing to do but I'm really trying to avoid having to get one for now if I can.

Thanks!

I got the Rusty's 4.5 spring pack I'm still measuring right at 6 inches over stock been on for about 4 months. lots of trails and flexing I do have the SYE but if you go with the 3 inch pack you should get around 4.5-5 ( give or take a little )over stock maybe t-case drop will do for you until they settle,( if they settle ) but hey it's free lift.... good luck

a friend of mine has a 90 Laredo he's running 5 inch home brew springs with just t-case drop and wheels hard...all is well

my 92 got away with about 2" of lift, when i went to 6, my u-joint clearance wasnt enough... and to quote tom woods website:

"imediate and catastrophic falure can result"

i blew up the u-joints and stock output yoke...

I figure I'll just throw a couple of sandbags in the back to lower it down. I'm sure I can live with 4" and a T-Case drop, the early XJ's do a lot better in terms of not needing a SYE don't they?

After about 10 months my Rusty's 3" packs are right at 4.5", they were a little bit higher intially but not a whole lot. Just have the transfer case drop and some shims till I can get an SYE.

4.5" packs and 1.5" shackle is sitting at about 7" after only a couple weeks of driving with no rear shocks. it was about 7.5" but has settled some.

What about the front end, with that much gain (4.5" vs 3") wont you run into control arm issues??

Still contemplating a lift, been a "no" for the past few months. Then i run into a buddy who owns an offroad shop, one i havent seen in about 8 years...

Cory

Would the raked rear end really screw up my control arms? Hmm, I don't really want to put spacers in the front because of track bar issues and things like that, but if the rear doesn't give me any problems, hell yeah I'm going to 4" all around w/spacers.

So anyway, has anyone else had their 3" packs settle to a reasonable height after some time? If not, any leaf settling tips?

The rear, unless dramatically higher, wont affect front control arm angles.

i have 8" without an sye, i get vibes at about 75mph, but its a trail rig so i dont drive it that fast... its an 85, and ive had 3 different lifted cherokees a 85 an 89 and a 90 and i havnt had dl vibes with 4.5" or lower, i think you should be fine, but a tcase drop would help the angle anyway

My XJ is a '94, no noticeable vibes at any speed with the transfer case drop and 3* shims. I'm sure an sye and cv driveshaft would smooth things out some but right now it seems to work fine until I can afford the better set up.

I have had his 4.5", actual lift 5.5 settled to 5". and I currently run his 6.5"coils and leaves. they give me 7+

Back