• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aux Fan Replacement

Silent

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so my aux coolling fan is making some interesting sounds, which I think is the bearings going out in the fan. If there are bearings. Not sure, have not really looked at it. Other than, it works or don't. However, what are my alternatives to a replacement fan; i.e.: brand name fan or just go to stealership.

Thanks,
Silent

I´ve seen a bunch of fans with a crack in the housing (all years) on the upper left corner (as your sitting in the drivers seat), which a little sanding and liberal amounts of epoxy glue or JB weld will take care of. Not sure when they changed the fan design, but noticed my 96 has a few more blades on the fan (than my 88) and seems to move more air (don´t know for sure if your 95 has the better fan or not). I picked up a 96 fan at the junk yard for $35 after pricing a Crown replacement fan, at around $150 or so. The junk yard fan, has been going strong, for a couple of years now. All I did to check it, was to spin the blade a few turns, if the bearings are bad, you can usually hear them, while spinning the fan by hand.

Back