• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slow blinkers/flashers 88MJ

Jeff 98XJ WI

NAXJA Forum User
Any suggestions as to what would cause this? I believe all bulbs are ok. Also, is there some sort of wiring mod that bypasses a bunch of voltage robbing wire in these older rigs? I seem to remember this, but nothing more. Thanks for any input, Jeff

I found when mine did that, the flasher was going. I just replaced it and all was fine.

I ended up deciding to go with the better electronic one that's good for something like 10 lights or such rather than the cheap-ass basic one. For the sake of a couple dollars, I know it'll last me a while.

Just an update. Seems I had a bad ground connection IN the LF bulb socket. I found it while replacing a bulb that wouldn't flash at all. The socket had a hot spot that was discolored. I cut the plastic open, scraped the metal and the wire, and soldered the two together as best I could. I also swapped to a "electronic" flasher that has a relay in it at the same time. Blinkers work great now! Jeff

Back