• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf spring install problem (long)

1stxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, i'm new to this board but i'm not new to jeeps (97 tj, scout 44's, 35" mtr,s d300 4:1)
I recently bought a 99 xj that needed new rear leafs, so i decided to install a bb (2" rusty's aal and spacers, ome shocks, and aftermarket stock height "heavy duty" springs from quadratec). The front was no problem. The rear leaf springs look like they are too short, they bolt on to the axle with the ubolts torqued, and they bolt on to the shackles. The problem is that they are about 3" away from the front frame mounts, i put close to 400 ponds in the rear hoping to compress the springs enough to bolt them on. Has this happened to anybody else i know that i'll have to wait until tomorrow to speak to quad + rusty's, just looking for some advice. They are installed right big bushing front small rear.

TIA

id give quad a call and make sure you have the right springs...
if they are the right springs, you need a longer shackle or a boomerang shackle.

when i added like 3 leaves to my RE 3.5 pack i arched the mainleaf so i couldnt use the stock shackle - i now run an MJ shackle...

good luck!

Back