• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tire ?? v. 11tybillion....

fisher446

NAXJA Forum User
i just got my lift for my XJ (4.5") and now i am looking for some good mud tires for a cheap cost. Anyone have any tires in 31x10.50x15 that they like and perform well on and offroad (mostly mud). Ive been looking at kumhos, super sport ht's, and a few others. Pics of 31" muds on 4.5" lift would be great also....

dunlop radial mud rover, cheap and good

TrXus MT's.

jeepinandy said:
I second the super swamper LTB's i dont run them personally but see them in action about every weekend..

you DO NOT want LTBs if this is a daily driver.. there are much better tires for double-duty.. the interco Truxxus MT is one i hear alot of praise for as a daily driver weekend wheeler..

Cooper STT's

BFG Mts, Mud Rovers...don't forget that you can put 32s on it with 4.5" lift, too.

Ghost said:
Cooper STT's
i got these and arent to happy with how they perform offroad

Ramsey said:
i got these and arent to happy with how they perform offroad

Would this be the new one or the old one? There are 2 different STT's. And woudl this be in the Swamps down there? Suprises me though I'm very happy with mine but they are the old desighn.

buying cheap you get what you pay for, the kumho's are by far one of the chittiest mt's i've seen at work. The sidewalls are weak and they clean about as well as a bfg at.

Save up a bit more and buy a good tire. Or go with the retreads, they are the same basic pattern at a Dunlop but request a good carcas like a BFG for a strong sidewall. Hi-tec is easy to work with

Ghost said:
Would this be the new one or the old one? There are 2 different STT's. And woudl this be in the Swamps down there? Suprises me though I'm very happy with mine but they are the old desighn.
old design. 33x12.50. i would consider the new ones if they have a 35 when i need em. they are decent in mud, but once you get into thick stuff down here there useless, but so is just about any other standard mud tire. on the rocks they work pretty good once you air em down to about 10-12 psi. i wont be getting the old ones next time.

Ramsey said:
old design. 33x12.50. i would consider the new ones if they have a 35 when i need em. they are decent in mud, but once you get into thick stuff down here there useless, but so is just about any other standard mud tire. on the rocks they work pretty good once you air em down to about 10-12 psi. i wont be getting the old ones next time.

About the only thing that worked in the thick stuff in FL. when I lived there was bogger's. I would assume the same is true there with the thick stuff. I run mine about 15 to 20 psi and love them on the trails arround here. The newer desighn is supose to be better in the mud than the old one. I saw the set of 37's in the rag that tested them but have not checked on sizes yet.

Back