• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Could this be an easy fan conversion?

Double Down

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking into replacing the clutch fan on my 97XJ and while looking across all of the articles and searching the web I found this:

http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/html/jeep-wrangler.html

So my question, did the 97 wrangler use the same fan setup, etc because it sure looks like it on the pdf diagram that you can click on. And I was thinking if that's true then that setup from flex-a-lite would be a really easy drop in replacement.

Just looking for comments and suggestions.

Thanks,

Chris

PS - also, does anyone know how to wire the fan into the other fan so they both come on at the same time. Dr. Dyno, any suggestion?

Last edited:
I knew I should have taken pictures of my Flexalite set up last night when I had it out for repairs. :)

I have the low profile #210. It is 2 10 inch fans that flow 2500 CFM. The shroud thing that is comes with will *almost* fit unmodified. But it WON'T fit. So to make it fit, you just need to trim the two lower corners of the shroud. Roughly 2x2" cut outs on both the lower right and lower left corners is enough to make it slide into place. It is pretty straight foward. Then just drill a couple holes in the radiator support for the fan support bolts and it is in.

Double Down said:
I was looking into replacing the clutch fan on my 97XJ and while looking across all of the articles and searching the web I found this:

http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/html/jeep-wrangler.html

So my question, did the 97 wrangler use the same fan setup, etc because it sure looks like it on the pdf diagram that you can click on. And I was thinking if that's true then that setup from flex-a-lite would be a really easy drop in replacement.

Just looking for comments and suggestions.

Thanks,

Chris

PS - also, does anyone know how to wire the fan into the other fan so they both come on at the same time. Dr. Dyno, any suggestion?

There is no way in hell that that flex-a-lite wrangler fan will fit into your xj. Way too tall and thick.

There are several other options using perma cool, derale, and other fans. Do a search.

K

Back