• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS Shock Adaptor Question.

PstrKd4BrthCntrll

NAXJA Forum User
I got a set of these for my Bilstiens. My question is: Is there any rubber insulator thats needed for theses like the stock stem style had?
WebSite = http://www.jksmfg.com/shock_conversions.htm

I would like to get a 2 peices of compressable rubber, cut them into doughnuts and would fit on the bolt of the adaptor, get 2 washers and sandwich the wheel well. Thus it wouldnt rattle.
So from top to bottom, it would go:
Nut
Washer
Rubber
Wheel well
rubber
washer
Other end of bolt

Yes? No? Suggestions?

Last edited:
i dont see why you would need to do that.. the upper shock eye will have a bushing in it and that will kill the road noise. and having a bushing in the upper adapter mount will just introduce unnessecary movement/slop into the asembly..

sidriptide said:
i dont see why you would need to do that.. the upper shock eye will have a bushing in it and that will kill the road noise. and having a bushing in the upper adapter mount will just introduce unnessecary movement/slop into the asembly..

i agree with this idea.

Back