• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bearing Removal

[email protected]

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all. i am installing a set of 4.56 gears in my 99. i have chry 8.25 rear and d 30 front. I am using a bearing removal tool from Harbor Freight. Its this black tool that has two ends with two big bolts that come togther to wrap around the axle. It removes the bearings ok but they always get damaged. Now since no shims go between the bearing and the carrier i am ok cause i just put my new bearings on and thats it. But when i have to deal with the front and adjusting backlash or with the front pinion and pinion depth how am i supposed to remove them with out destroying my new bearings if i need to make adjustments???? Does the pinion bearing come of easier??? I know about test bearings but i read that the problem is that they are never the same EXact size as the real bearing. ANy information on this would be great. Thanks

Set-up bearings do make it alot easier,any differences are usually very minimal especially when setting pinion depth.

Back