• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Isuzu 44 "thick gear" yoke

xj-grin

NAXJA Member #1096
I've been batting this around in the Colorado Chapter forum, and thought I might bring it out into the general population light...

I am prepping a D44 from a 95 Isuzu Rodeo for my '99, and will be keeping the stock gearing (4.30), one of the reasons for the swap. However, the pinion yoke for a standard D44 doesn't fit an Isuzu 44 pinoin with the stock gearing. I know I could regear to use standard D44 gears/carrier, but don't want that cost. The Isuzu yoke is a flange style that I would rather not use, but I can adapt if absolutely necessary. There has been some discussion that maybe a D35 yoke will work, although I haven't been able to confirm it. The pinion shaft is 26 spline, and about 1/16 in diameter.

Who's got suggestions on how to make this work with a 1310 ujointed driveshaft?

TIA

I'd just call Jessie at High Angle, have him whip you up a shaft that us flage at one end and CV at the other.

Or just call him and see if he has a yoke that would work.

sintax said:
I'd just call Jessie at High Angle, have him whip you up a shaft that us flage at one end and CV at the other.

Or just call him and see if he has a yoke that would work.

Thats plan B, but being cheap I'm trying to avoid that expese, since I already have a shaft ready to go, and I figure the cost of a yoke is WAY less...

Back