• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

center console

Only In A Jeep XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I was lookin at the better half's explorer and thothought i would be nice to have the rear air in my xj just wondering if any one has done it before i cut up a bunch of things?

confused? You want air in the back seats? Correct? It can be done, and quite easily. The full center consoles came with a duct that went underneith. Not sure if all, but mine did at least. If possible, find a donor with a full console, take the console out, and see if it has the duct.

Mine has the full consol but it does not blow very hard or get very cold in the rear and the explorer has a rear fan in it to give it the extra boost.

Only In A Jeep XJ said:
Mine has the full consol but it does not blow very hard or get very cold in the rear and the explorer has a rear fan in it to give it the extra boost.
Hmm, well you might be able to squeeze a small computer fan under the console for added current (not sure of the space though). Do you have goodflow through the other vents?

Back