• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Acos and 5.5 RE lift?

mikie2084

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 98 Cherokee with the RE 5.5", and I want to level the front with the back and the passenger side is lower than driver side so I am thinking ACOS. I have the regular control arms that come with the kit, will the drop brackets make up for not being able to adjust the arms?

Thanks

Mike

I ran a set of acos on the front of my XD 5.5 lifted XJ for over a year. After the springs settled the front sat a good 1.5" (about the size of the acos) high in the front. I dig that look anyways, so it was not a big deal.

As for the arms, the drop brackets dont make up for the lack of adjustablity for fine tuning, but do help out the geometry.

Danno said:
I just installed the drop brackets and they REALLY made a great difference.

Big time! I run about 6.75" of lift with ACOS and the drop brackets non-adjustable RE arms, and the ride is quite nice.

Geepfreak said:
Big time! I run about 6.75" of lift with ACOS and the drop brackets non-adjustable RE arms, and the ride is quite nice.

About huh? To be exact would you have to take it to the thousandth of an inch? :laugh3:

Back