• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which Posi Lok with RE 5.5 XD lift?

woodkrawler

NAXJA Forum User
Im getting ready to order a posi lok set-up for my 90 XJ and was wondering if i need to get the 900 model or the longer 920 model. My XJ has the RE 5.5 XD lift on it. anybody have experience with either models with this lift combination? also can i use my current shift fork or do i need to upgrade to the one posi lok offers?? oh btw i tried searching an only limited results on the length issue.

lincoln

I bought a Dana steel shift fork for $15 bucks from the local Six States Dist. The stock alum units wear and there is too much deflection for the Posilock to function properly......trust me on this.

I'm running 6" with the 900 series unit...I wondered the same thing but couldn't find much data on how much longer the 920 kit cable was. Proper routing is key and I'm not a fan of the instructions recommended route of "under the steering shaft". If you don't have the airbox, you can actually route it around the front of the motor mount which keeps it away from the exhaust too.

One size fits all baby...and only cost me $0.10 worth of washers....

mini_DSC00101.sized.jpg

Back