• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Extra Important Question HELP!!!

SuperStreetJeep

NAXJA Forum User
A friend of mine overtightend the lower bolt on the thermostat housing
and broke the head off of it .. my question is
does anyone have the demensions for the lower bolt to the
thermostat housing i need to get a match on it asap
because it has to be fixed by tomorrow
really all i need is the length i can take the longer upper bolt
and match the thread count

Well, when you get it out the old one, which you will have to do, you will know how long it is. I have no clue otherwise

The one in my garage motor is 3/4" long, 1/2 X 18 threads (no idea if it´s original, but it fits well). May want to bouble check the thread count, time for me to get some new glasses.

8Mud said:
The one in my garage motor is 3/4" long, 1/2 X 18 threads (no idea if it´s original, but it fits well). May want to bouble check the thread count, time for me to get some new glasses.
I'll call the dealership in the morning thankyou for the help

8Mud said:

My bad, sorry, the bolt is a 5/16 the head is 1/2", the thread length is 3/4", pretty sure the threads are 18 per inch.

The bolt size I gave you is for a Renix, I should have looked at your profile before answering (or you should have posted the year). Time for bed.

Back