• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockkrawler Warranty???????

xjrockrawler21

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if anyone else has gone through this because it does not seem right to me. About 2 years ago i bought the the gen. 1 long arm kit with a life time warranty. So last weekend i bent the pas. control arm and blew the joint out were it connects to the frame. So i called RK and they told me that they do not warranty gen 1 stuff because they are new owners since 2003. This does not seem right because i bought it with a life time warranty, and they are still called RK, its not like they changed there name and started from scratch. They told me i can either replace the bad arm and joint or upgrade to the gen 2 for $250. But i think i deserve the Lifetime warr.

To me they should definitely warranty it. That is complete BS. If they wanted to get out of the the names bad reputation before, they should've changed their name and also not continue a line by adding generation 2 on the end of it. It's just showing that they are improving on their already existing part that was not good enough. Fight it definitely. _nicko_

Call back again and ask for Jeremy. He's definately the person you should be talking to.

About the warranty, I know it sucks but its kinda hard to replace something you dont make any more. I used to have the Gen I kit on mine and the handling on the road was little scary, so when the Gen II came out two months later I called Jeremy and explained my dissatisfaction with their product and that I thought it was bad business to sell a product you were going to discontinue. Well he acknowledged my complaint and offered me the Gen II kit for $200 (that was cost at the time) and free shipping. I took him up on the offer and coulnt have been happier with the result. The Gen II is world away from the quirkiness on the Gen I, it uses even thicker tube and much better rebuildable joints, no more nose dive and left turn during hard braking, no more odd caster changes during cycling. Do your self a huge favor and upgrade to Gen II, you WILL be better off.

One more thing....when you get the Gen II, even though the instructions dont mention it, sleeve the frame rail for the bolts for the upper arm bracket. Trust me.

jpnjason said:
One more thing....when you get the Gen II, even though the instructions dont mention it, sleeve the frame rail for the bolts for the upper arm bracket. Trust me.

What happens if you don't? I'm going to be installing their 4.5 long arm kit in a few days. Thanks.

You could start to pinch the "frame" when tightening the bolts which will appear as a slight buckle of floor above it. Do a search on sleeving the frame, its pretty easy and will ensure getting those bolts tight. I would still recommend added a stich weld around both the inner and outer brackets just as an additional measure of saftey.

I think they dont want to warranty the gen 1 stuff because so many people are having problems with them, that it would cost to much to warr. But they need to, the gen 1 is still a Rockkrawler product.

Back