• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear hatch strut pivot ball broken!!

mjletts

NAXJA Forum User
I opened the rear hatch yesterday, and the driver side lower strut came flying off!! The lower pivot ball, where the strut attaches, broke off, leaving half the bolt still inside. Besides a boneyard, where can i find a replacement part? Anyone know what it's called??? Thanks.

You can try a dealer, they will have a pic of it. I have been using that alot lately with the TJ rebuild. It comes in handy when you find out that there are 3 parts associated with the one you thought you needed. Example was the hood prop rod, consisted of the rod, clip and two torx screws that were already prethreaded into the hood. It was easier ordering them than repeated trips to the hardware store doing a 'try and fit' approach. Same with the two bump stops on the newer TJ hoods, thought I just needed the bumpstop, turned out I needed them, a rubber threaded insert that expanded when the bump stops were screwed in. Was doing double trips till I got smart, now I order all the parts at one time...

Back