• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What would make my Jeep sag on one side?

fdsa487

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so BEFORE I went wheeling this weekend everything was fine. I come back from wheeling for the weekend and im washing my car and i notice that the whole thing is tilted to the left. Seems like it's the rear right leaf spring. Coult it be sagging that quickly??? I dont get it. Could a blown shock make it sag like that? Let me know your thoughts! Thank you.:us:

fdsa487 said:
Ok so BEFORE I went wheeling this weekend everything was fine. I come back from wheeling for the weekend and im washing my car and i notice that the whole thing is tilted to the left. Seems like it's the rear right leaf spring. Coult it be sagging that quickly??? I dont get it. Could a blown shock make it sag like that? Let me know your thoughts! Thank you.:us:

Shocks don't cause sag as they don't give any lift.
Anyways since you just wheeled it, is there any chance that you don't have your bumpstops set at the right height and you overflexed your leaf spring?

That coule be because i flexed it on one side multiple times to take pictures. All on the right side and that is the side that is sagging. So what should I do? Flex the other side and leave it like that for a while until it's the same as the other side?

fdsa487 said:
Ok so BEFORE I went wheeling this weekend everything was fine. I come back from wheeling for the weekend and im washing my car and i notice that the whole thing is tilted to the left. Seems like it's the rear right leaf spring.
If it's tilted to the left, either the left rear spring is flattened, or the right rear is arched higher.

Compare the two; look for signs of broken springs and compare the angle of the shackles to see if they are stuck in an odd position or not..

Stop picking up fat chicks.
It may be easier but just not worth the trouble in the end.

Take off your rear tires and inspect your leaf packs and make sure that none of your leafs are broken.

french-fries.jpg

could it be that your jeep is black?

que?

edit:i made a joke and didnt know it until i looked up vicente fox, how is that a comment like his?

Mexican President Vicente Fox said:
MEXICO CITY May 16, 2005 — President Vicente Fox reversed course Monday night and apologized for saying that Mexicans in the United States do the work that blacks won't.

Fox repeatedly refused to back away from his Friday comment, saying his remark had been misinterpreted. But later, in telephone conversations with the Rev. Jesse Jackson and the Rev. Al Sharpton the president said he "regretted" the statement.

ah ok, well sorry for the "racist" comment. perhaps i should have suggested his jeep might be a rapper, but i probably should have just stfu. anyways sorry if i offended anyone.

my left side was noticeably lower than my right after RE lift. After a couple of months of flexin and added weight it has leveled out. or i dont notice it anymore. lol. but yea, inspect ur springs and dumb, but make sure u got both tires aired up the same. u might also have a lot of extra weight on one side. Or ur springs could be arched a little different.

Do you have a lift on it? If it still has the stock shackles and they are as rusty as mine were ( http://community.webshots.com/photo/298036192/299627534bKFJPc ) then i would say take a look at those. That picture is after i broke it with my hand. The only amount of metal connecting the other side was maybe a 1/4 inch wide and when i picked the old rear leaf up by the shackle after taking it out it broke. I had been driving around with that since i bought it a few months earlier without every noticing and i am amazed it held up to the abuse. My friend had a ranger with a collapsed shackle that caused a lean like you are describing. Somehow it still held together enough too...

hmmm. I believe its a little thing caused by the torque of the engine on the drive axle. unless you have a locker than something else could be wrong. Pretty much every cherokee I have seen leans to the pass. side.....

I think it could just be the rear right leaft because i only flexxed on that one side when i took it wheeling for picture sake. Check the picture showcase it's called : 1st WHELLIN FLEX PICS (i think) Comments please.

NO it's not an overweight drive. Im 180 and it's not sagging on my side. I would also never ride fat chicks in my Jeep. All the fine hoes wanna ride when they see it. =) Oh yeah. :laugh3:

Back